My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Brannan's Chase

As Captain of a dive boat operating out of Thailand’s sin city Pattaya, Joe Brannan is living the dream. His only problem is paying the bills. So when he lands a lucrative charter he thinks his luck has changed……it has, for the worse. Plunged into a shadowy war of staggering proportions he must survive a bloody life-or-death struggle if he’s to intervene in a series of events that will bring the whole world to the brink of conflict. Caught between mobsters and government agencies, deadly females and military madmen time is running out as the clock ticks towards zero hour.

Amid the storm, the heat, the slaughter and the courage, Brannans chase is on…….


Brannan’s Chase (Men’s Action Thriller)
By Stephen Cord
Books Mango
ASIN: B01IYZJWVA
Price $4.99 Kindle
170 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“Two-Fisted Men’s Action Adventure.”

Joe Brannan and his boat, the Betty, are hired by three university types to search for possible areas to create artificial reefs along Thailand’s coast; however, it turns out they are really CIA. The Navy has lost a super weapon, and it is thought to be somewhere near the coast of Pattaya. Problems arise when a local Korean smuggler steals the weapon before the team can retrieve it, and now it’s heading for China en route to North Korea.

There is lots of action from the very beginning, as the Koreans kill two CIA agents and capture the third, framing Brannan for the murders. Joe is forced to run before the Thai police can arrest him, and now he needs to take the CIA woman away from her Korean captors to prove his innocence, but that isn’t going to be easy.

The Brannan series is the best new men’s action novels I have read in a long time. The author’s writing is fast, and the story flows smoothly, with plenty of action and suspense to keep the reader on the edge of their seats. Even though it appears the author may have killed off one of the more interesting characters in this story, I’m not totally convinced we’ve seen the last of North Korea’s highly trained Korean agent, Sook-Ju. I would certainly like to see her return in a future story, as she almost took the story away from the lead character. The read is definitely fun, and highly recommended. PULP DEN Reviews.

Tom Johnson
Author of CARNIVAL OF DEATH





No comments:

Post a Comment