My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, April 13, 2018

Co-Evolution

Another intelligent species existed on Earth long before human kind. They had a taste for human flesh and slaughtered humans by the thousands. Human kind advanced, built great cities, and learned how to defend themselves. A stalemate ensued, and a truce was negotiated, with one human a week offered as food. What better humans to offer than criminals?
Detective Victor Pargner of the Capital Crimes Division of the Wetlands City Police Department solves serious crimes and gets the culprit sentenced to a “feeding.” The truce is working out until people begin to disappear. What could be causing those disappearances? Is the other species violating the truce?


Co-Evolution (SF/Mystery/Horror)
By Arthur Weissmann
Independent Publishing Platform
ASIN # B07B9QJFTD
491 Pages
Price $2.99 (Kindle)
Rating 4-Stars

Intelligent reptiles co-exist with humans: The Reptecti adult species is scaly and stands upright at about eight feet tall weighing approximately five hundred pounds; they have been around for sixty-six million years. They share this alternate universe with the human race in a treaty system that allows both species to exist. To prevent war and hunting each other for food or hatred, the humans provide one person a week as food for the reptecti; these are the human criminal element.
Now something is happening. Humans are disappearing, and naturally the reptecti are suspected. The police must figure out what is going on or the treaty could shatter.
There is a good twist at the end, and I liked this novel better than the author’s first book, however my main complaint is with the author’s writing style; it doesn’t flow smoothly. It needs to be tightened, and a good editor could do that for the author. There is too much repeated that could be eliminated to make the narrative flow more easily. The plot and characters are unique, and readers will find the story pulls them in from the beginning. Highly recommended.
Tom Johnson
Author of WORLDS OF TOMORROW




No comments:

Post a Comment